Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition for the 2013-2014 school year is as follows:
High school Students are required to purchase a laptop in accordance with the school's specifications. There may be additional fees for students who participate in athletic and overnight trips.
To apply for financial aid:
- Visit sss.nais.org to complete the online School and Student Services Form (SSS) by January 10, 2014.
- Upload copies of your most recent tax return.
Awards are final only after receipt of the current year's IRS 1040 tax form by April 15.
The goal of admitting a diverse population of highly qualified students implies a commitment to substantial financial aid. Aid is awarded without regard to race, nationality or ethnic origin. Tuition grants are offered on the basis of demonstrated need. Applications for renewal much be filed each year.
- Requests for financial aid made at a later date or in subsequent years will only be considered if there are significant changes in a family's circumstances. Financial assistance cannot be granted unless all information is received on or before January 10, 2014.
- Awards are final only after receipt of the current year's IRS 1040 tax form by April 15.
- All information submitted is confidential.
- Preference for financial aid is given to siblings of students currently attending Heschel, faculty children, and to Heschel families not currently receiving aid but experiencing unexpected financial changes.
- The Heschel School subscribes to the principles of Fair Practice for the Administration of Financial Aid as outlined by NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools).
According to these guidelines, the primary responsibility of financing a student's independent school education rests with his or her family; and in the case of separation or divorce, both parents are financially responsible for the payment of a student's tuition, regardless of any legal agreement to the contrary.
We urge families to look at all possible financial resources outside of school as well. If financial aid is needed, it must be requested when initially applying for admission to the school. Requests made at a later date will only be considered if there are significant changes in a family's circumstances.
If a student is offered a place at Heschel, his or her family will receive information about financial assistance for which they are eligible along with the letter of acceptance.
Financial aid funding comes from the generosity of donors to our Annual Fund and through the work of many parents on various fundraising activities, including the Fall Campaign, Auction, and Benefit Dinner.