To apply for financial aid:
- Visit https://www.solutionsbysss.com/ to complete the online School and Student Services form (SSS) by December 15, 2020
- The SSS code for the Abraham Joshua Heschel School is 1032.
- Upload copies of your most recent tax return and W-2 forms.
- Requests for financial aid must be marked on the application for admission. Requests made at a later date or in subsequent years will only be considered if there are significant changes in a family’s circumstances. Financial assistance cannot be guaranteed unless all information is received on or before December 15, 2020.
- Awards are final only after receipt of the current year’s IRS 1040 tax return.
All information submitted is confidential.
The Heschel School subscribes to the principles of Fair Practice for the Administration of Financial Aid as outlined by NAIS (National Association of independent Schools). The goal of admitting a diverse population of highly qualified students implies a commitment to substantial financial aid. Aid is awarded without regard to race, nationality or ethnic origin.
Financial aid funding comes from the generosity of donors to our Annual Fund and through the work of many parents on various fundraising activities, including the Fall Campaign, Auction, and Benefit Dinner.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How is financial need determined?
- When will I hear about the financial aid decision?
- Is financial aid automatically renewed each year?
- How soon should I apply for financial aid?
- Do you assign an income for parents who do not work?
- What happens if a family applies for financial aid that was admitted as a full tuition family?
- How do you treat divorce decrees in which one parent refuses to pay for independant school education?
- Is there any aid available to support families with multiple children at Heschel?