Alumni Job Board
The Heschel School is now compiling available job opportunities from our community as a resource for Heschel alumni.
Please post available positions using the link below. Listings will be posted on a regular basis on this page. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
* If a position has been filled that you have posted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove the post.
- Analyst / Associate - BlueGate Partners
- Asset Management Analyst - RXR Realty
- Recruitment Manager - Jewish National Fund
- Director of Public Relations - Jewish National Fund
- Investment Banking Intern - AEXG
- Executive Assistant - Footsteps
- Customer Success Manager - Papaya Global
- General Counsel - The Bronx Defenders
- Supervising Attorney - Immigration Practice - The Bronx Defenders
- Spanish Translator - The Bronx Defenders
- New Business Development - Craft & Root, LLC.
An enthusiastic, ambitious self-starter is sought to fill a new Analyst/Associate position in a Boutique Real Estate Investment Banking company with focus in the areas of institutional brokerage and both equity and debt raising. This is a high profile position with exposure and interaction with executive leadership and top level clientele. The perfect candidate will grow with the firm and have many areas of responsibility.
Job responsibilities include:
• Financial analysis and cash-flow modeling
• Preparation of offering memorandum and client presentations
• Market research and comparable property analysis
• Transaction due diligence, marketing and management of the closing process
• Document Retention, organization and file management
• Communication with clients, investors and senior management
• One to three years related work experience
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with advanced level skills in creating and using financial models (both DCF and JV waterfall distributions) in Excel
• Ability to underwrite and analyze a broad range of commercial real estate opportunities, including but not limited to ground-up development and value-add redevelopment projects
• Knowledge of ARGUS a plus
• Conscientious and very attentive to detail
• Possesses supreme organizational and interpersonal skills
• Able to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity and provides complete follow-through upon receipt of direction in areas of responsibility
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communications skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
• Willingness to travel as required
• General knowledge of real estate and capital markets
The position is available in New York City. Salary and bonus will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com No phone calls please.
RXR Realty LLC (“RXR”) is a New York-based vertically integrated real estate operating and development company, having approximately 500 employees with expertise in a wide array of value creation activities including distressed investments, uncovering value in complex transactions, structured finance investments and real estate development. The RXR platform manages 69 commercial real estate properties and investments with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $18.1 billion, comprising approximately 24.6 million square feet of commercial operating properties and approximately 6,200 multi-family and for sale units in various stages of development in the New York Metropolitan area as of September 30, 2018.
RXR Realty currently has an outstanding career opportunity for an Analyst to work in the Asset Management group. The Analyst will assist in the preparation and maintenance of monthly, quarterly, and annual lender and investor reports and presentations. The role entails working with the asset and portfolio managers to perform detailed financial analyses maintain financial models and interact with various internal departments.
• Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual lender and investor reports and presentations
• Assist with the development and updating of financial models and analyses, including discounted cash flows, IRR analysis, NPV analysis, etc. for each asset utilizing Microsoft Excel and Argus
• Assist in performing refinancing analyses, quarterly valuations, leasing NPV/NER, and other ad hoc requirements
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
• Provide support in the preparation of quarterly reforecasts and variance analyses
• Assist with maintenance of Asset Manager reports
• Interact with internal systems and software to effectuate daily responsibilities
Essential Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, real estate, accounting, or related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Argus skills a plus but not required; Experience with Kardin a plus but not required
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Detailed oriented, team player
Commensurate with Experience
This position will be based out of Manhattan.
JNF is seeking a Recruitment Manager to work in the Human Resources department. This will be a full-time position, based in the JNF’s Manhattan office. This position will report to the JNF’s Chief Human Resources Officer and the HR Director.
Job duties will include:
Work closely with Human Resources staff to develop strategic recruiting plans for openings, utilizing creative and cost-effective methods
Conduct full life-cycle recruiting to including: social media marketing, sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing and reference checking
Create and foster networks to find qualified passive candidates and build a pipeline for future talent
Conducting searches on LinkedIn and other resources for candidates
· Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques to remain competitive, and incorporate appropriate trends into the organization’s talent acquisition function
The main user of the JNF applicant tracking system - maintaining accurate and organized information on all candidates and searches
Work closely with the Executive Director of IT to continuously enhance JNF’s ATS system and other technological platforms
Posting positions internally and externally – Ensure all job boards are kept up to date
Attending career fairs/recruitment and networking events
Performing in-person, phone and video linked interviews with candidates
Making recommendations to HR Staff and hiring managers
Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
Following up on the interview process status
Ensuring consistent communication with all applicants throughout the process
Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
Uses social media for recruitment keeping aligned with the JNF marketing and HR communication
Explores important recruitment niches
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of full life-cycle recruiting experience
• Strong evaluation techniques and a proven record of recruiting success
• High degree of professionalism, integrity, and service orientation, as well as outstanding organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of recruiting laws as well as industry trends and best practices
• Excellent networking and sourcing skills
• Prior experience recruiting a wide range of positions is strongly preferred
· A passion for the mission of JNF is preferred
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
•403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit a Director of Public Relations. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be based in JNFs Marketing and Communications department. The location for the position will be in JNF’s Manhattan office. The primary purpose of this job is managing both internal and external communications for this national organization through public relations efforts.
· National Spokesperson: serve as strategic storyteller, PR and media relations director for the national organization ensuring all messages are aligned with mission and work of JNF. Oversee the publicizing of JNF programs and initiatives in Jewish and mainstream local and national media.
· Direct the PR efforts of the Communications Team across the US and in Israel -- 3 in U.S. and 1 in Israel; team of wire reporters in Israel.
· Write copy for President’s speeches and event speeches, Direct Mail content, CEO report, Op-Eds, quarterly and yearly updates on major projects and accomplishments, talking points, and bios of staff, lay leaders, and speakers.
· Responds to and answers customer service inquiries from donors and general public
· Provide ongoing PR counsel and reputation management to campaign executives and executive management
· Provide PR counsel to JNF partners and other JNF organizations around the world
· Crisis management; talking points
· Manage annual partnership with outside news agencies; foster more partnerships
Key Job Relationships:
· For information and updates on projects and initiatives: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer. Chief Israel Officer
· For crisis management: Executive Management
· Daily interaction with the Communications staff and fundraisers across the country
· 7 years’ experience with writing and media relations
· Very strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and writing skills
· Must maintain consistent corporate messaging and build relationships with key Jewish and mainstream media
· Supervise the Communications staff
· Process all project information in a timely and organized fashion
· Some travel required
· Excellent computer skills required
· Previous experience working with all types of media including print, broadcast and Internet is a must
•Opportunity to Travel to Israel
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
•403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions
Investment Banking Intern
Investment Banking Internship
The individual selected for this role will be involved in all facets of AEXG's investment banking activities, including supporting private and public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and other advisory services across a variety of industry groups. In this role you will often work directly with senior investment bankers, continually receiving an education in financial analysis, as well as a broad-based exposure to advisory and underwriting products.
The specific responsibilities of the Intern may include: financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, coordination of various processes involved in a financing or sale, and preparation of offering memorandums, management presentations, pitches, proposals, and other materials for meetings with clients.
Outstanding academic achievement
Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong leadership and teamwork skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Superior work ethic
Motivated to achieve above and beyond what is expected
Ability to transition to paid Analyst role
AEXG Investment Banking is focused on providing an independent approach to holistic corporate financial advisory
Mergers and acquisitions
Corporate reorganizations and financial restructurings
Capital markets financing transactions across the capital structure – debt, equity, and hybrid securities
The AEXG Investment Banking team offers experience advising on and executing a wide variety of transaction types across the spectrum of market sizes. The team’s focus is on serving lower middle market private companies and public companies with market capitalizations between $75 - $500 million
Footsteps has an exciting opportunity for an individual to provide overall executive level coordination and support to the Executive Director in all aspects of her daily activities, including the fundraising efforts of this rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about Footsteps’ mission, energetic, extremely detail orientated, thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly professional and discreet, and has strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Customer Success Manager
Papaya Global is a rapidly growing startup aiming to disrupt and simplify global payroll and employment. The combination of Papaya’s service and SaaS platform enables our customers, from startups to large enterprise companies, to expand their workforce globally, quickly and in a compliant manner. Through our all-in-one global workforce platform, we connect companies to a global network of preferred suppliers of human resource and international payroll services.
The Customer Success Manager will act as a trusted advisor to customers, ultimately responsible for ensuring their success in achieving their global growth.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, organized, have exceptional communication skills, and a passion for providing a great customer service experience.
Own overall relationship with assigned clients and facilitate their endeavors for global growth and expansion to new countries.
Establish strong relationships and act as a trusted/strategic advisor with each assigned client
Provide training, guidance and advice on the Papaya Global platform
Act as a liaison between internal teams within Papaya Global to ensure and advocate for your customer’s needs
Proactively work with medium to enterprise level business customers, typically Human Resources, Finance, and Talent Acquisition departments
Build and nurture relationships with suppliers to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer
Take ownership of new accounts and manage their on-boarding, success, and retention
Able to prioritize, multitask, and perform effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Adaptive and loves working in an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself, your team, and your processes
Collaborative, persistent, and self-directed
Proactive, highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks
Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, additional languages a plus
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate conflict and foster honest dialogue
Positive, professional, and a desire to learn
Familiarity with global payroll is a plus
Prior experience in an early stage startup is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role; customer success, account management, or customer support experience a plus.
Strong analytical skills
Excellent computer skills, including Excel
Please send your CV to Jobs@papayaglobal.com
The Bronx Defenders
The General Counsel is appointed by the Board of Directors to provide professional advice on critical strategic, legal, and public policy issues facing The Bronx Defenders. As a member of the senior leadership of The Bronx Defenders, the General Counsel supports the Executive Director and Board in maintaining an atmosphere of ethics and integrity in all of the organization’s endeavours. The General Counsel is responsible for advising the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director on contractual matters and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and city law.
Supervising Attorney - Immigration Practice
The Bronx Defenders
The Supervising Attorney will report directly to the Managing Director of the Immigration Practice and will have the following responsibilities:
- Client Representation
- Carry a reduced caseload, representing non-citizens facing deportation in removal proceedings
- Attorney Supervision
- Conference cases with attorney supervisees in the NYIFUP practice on a weekly basis
- Review and provide substantive feedback on written work
- Provide in-court supervision for all appearances by unadmitted law graduates, as needed and upon request for admitted attorneys
- Assist with preparation for individual hearings and supervise litigation, as necessary and appropriate
- Monitor caseloads and oversee entries into our case management system to ensure that data and outcomes are accurately recorded
- Monitor and, where appropriate, provide guidance to staff attorneys regarding docket management
- Encourage and support the professional development of supervisees
Attend weekly meetings of the immigration practice’s leadership team to discuss ongoing issues impacting the practice
Provide support to the Managing Director and other supervisors as needed
Applicants must have:
- A J.D. from an A.B.A.-accredited law school
- At least three (3) years of immigration law experience, preferably criminal-immigration/“crim-
imm” practice, or relevant/equivalent experience
- Demonstrably strong research, writing, and oral advocacy skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A passion for teaching immigration legal issues to advocates with less experience
- A capacity to self-motivate and work independently
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and solve problems under pressure
- A passion for the mission and values of BxD and a dedication to building a robust legal practice
- Experience working in and with immigrant communities and/or low-income, communities of color
- Spanish fluency or high-level proficiency is required
- Valid driver’s license is required
Salary is commensurate with experience. For candidates with 3-10 years of directly relevant experience, the salary range for this position would be approximately $74,500 to $102,500. Full-time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision coverage; a 403(b) plan with employer contribution; a generous vacation, sick leave, and parental leave policy; and a professional development fund. More specific information about salary and benefits will be provided when and if an offer is extended.
The Bronx Defenders
The Translator works on the frontlines of the criminal justice system, side by side with our criminal defense and family defense attorneys, social workers and other Bronx Defenders staff. The Translator will be based at the 161st Street Justice Campus, meeting clients and staff in Bronx County Court offices as needed.
A focus on doing what is best for our clients and on collaboration is essential to any position at The Bronx Defenders. Confidentiality, respect, and discretion are imperative to any and all candidates
- The translator will respond to requests for assistance with Spanish speaking clients, augmented by a large number of bi-lingual Bronx Defenders staff. Excellent oral and written communication skills, in Spanish and English, are critical
- Hours are generally 10 am to 6 pm; flexibility in response to client and staff needs required
- Translators will also provide administrative support which may include front desk reception support, clerical projects, and office responsibilities
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in criminal justice or an allied field
- Evidence of Spanish/English oral and written translation proficiency; practical experience may be considered
- one (1) year of office or legal clerical experience
- excellent organizational, teamwork/customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player who also works well individually
- Understands the pressures of working in a busy, client-focused non-profit environment and demonstrates the potential for working well with attorneys who have a wide range of personalities, communication styles, and skills
- Is proficient at identifying priorities and knowing when to escalate issues
An equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education may be considered
Certification in Spanish/English translation
Language skills beyond Spanish and English
Facility with technology tools and able to master new applications quickly
Salary is commensurate with experience. For candidates with relevant experience, the salary range for this position would be approximately $45,000 to $50,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision coverage; a 403(b) plan with employer contribution; a generous vacation, sick leave, and parental leave policy; and a professional development fund. More specific information about salary and benefits will be provided when and if an offer is extended.
Position: New Business Development
Craft & Root, LLC.
We Are Hiring! Craft & Root is hiring in order to grow our sales team!
- Assistance in Business Development with campaign setting, pitches, proposals and communication
- Building a pipeline
- External communication with clients for feedback and setting/leading meetings
- Internal coordination with Graphic Design team to execute deliverables in a timely manner
- Organization of assets and deliverables
- Tracking of project plans and time sheets
Some useful skills:
- work experience in project management and/or business development roles
- knowledge/experience in client-facing roles
- strong communication - written and verbal
- good organizational skills
- ability to manage many tasks at once