Alumni Job Board
The Heschel School is now compiling available job opportunities from our community as a resource for Heschel alumni.
Please post available positions using the link below. Listings will be posted on a regular basis on this page. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If a position has been filled that you have posted, please email us at email@example.com so we can remove the post.
- Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant - Sutton Place Synagogue
- Recruitment Coordinator BGU International - American Associates of Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- Alumni Engagement Associate - itrek
Sutton Place Synagogue
Growing and engaging Conservative synagogue seeks a well-organized individual to help oversee the financial management of the Synagogue. The Staff Accountant/ Bookkeeper will work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with the Executive Director, Board Treasurer and out of house Bookkeeping Company. The Staff Accountant/ Bookkeeper will manage communications between the synagogue and the out of house Bookkeeping Company. The main responsibilities will be to weekly prepare A/R, A/P and bi weekly prepare payroll. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare accounts payable for entry
• Log and enter accounts receivable including but not limited to membership fees, nursery tuition, men’s club, women’s league and capital campaign contributions
• Prepare semi-monthly payroll
• Monitor and oversee employee benefits
• Assist with month-end and year-end financial reports as well as preparing for the annual financial audit
• Assist with preparing audit related reports and backup
• Review receipts for credit card expenditures and credit card reconciliations
Job Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate will have
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field. 1-3 years of experience in the field preferred.
• Knowledge of accounting systems required. Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
• Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience in shulcloud a plus.
• Accounting experience with a non-profit organization is a plus.
• Strong organizational & interpersonal skills, with a welcoming and positive attitude and a professional presentation. Customer service focus is critical.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs. Knowledge of Shulcloud is a plus.
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to multi-tasking and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to function effectively in a fluid environment and be a team player
• Capability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely manner
• Flexibility and a healthy sense of humor
• Experience in an office setting
• Familiarity with Jewish customs and practice a plus
Recruitment Coordinator BGU International
American Associates of Ben Gurion University of the Negev
BGU International, North America markets the portfolio of 52 different English Language programs offered at Ben Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) to students in the US and Canada. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic and passionate individual to be the person on the ground as we spread the word about all the amazing opportunities at BGU.
Based out of the New York Office of American Associates of Ben Gurion University (AABGU), this role will report to the Director of BGU International, North America.
The only Israeli university created by government mandate, BGU was established in 1969 with a mission to be an engine for the development of Israel’s Negev region.
BGU was inspired by the vision of Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion, who believed that the future of Israel lay in the Negev region, a desert area comprising more than 60 percent of the country.
Today, BGU is a world-renowned institution of research and higher learning that has transcended the boundaries of academia to create a new model of education and research that impacts people’s lives in the Negev region, throughout Israel and around the world.
With some 20,000 students and campuses in Beer-Sheva, Sde Boker and Eilat, BGU is truly an oasis of innovation, leading research in cyber and homeland security; alternative energy; desert and water research; global health; medical technologies; Israel studies, culture and Jewish thought; and high-tech and robotics.
• In partnership with the Director of BGU International, North America, build and implement outreach and recruitment strategies bases on partnerships with University career centers and study abroad offices, student groups, local Hillel’s, Israel Fellows on campus and other organizations.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a comprehensive graduate and undergraduate admissions recruitment strategy including public speaking, travel in and out of state, attending fairs and community events (may include weekends)
• Recruit students at the undergraduate and graduate level to study in Israel
• Fielding inquiry calls and emails from potential students, parents and applicants
• Assisting students with applications, processing of admission files, and advising on scholarships
• Working closely with and under the supervision of the main office in Israel to see files through to completion, to report on progress to the director and staff, and liaising on new updates
• Develop quarterly and annual reports for tracking recruitment activities and program expenditures
• Develop program literature
• Other responsibilities, as assigned from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
• Fluency in English required, Hebrew a plus
• Participated in a prior immersive program in Israel or abroad
• Experience and knowledge of Israel, its people and culture is a plus
• Prior experience in engaging with students and young adults
• Has recent knowledge or an exposure to the University setting, particularly with student clubs, associations and initiatives
• Exceptional leadership, time management, administrative, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Proactive, collaborative, energetic, organized, service-oriented, strong interpersonal skills, flexible, willing to “roll up one’s sleeves and get hands dirty,” curious, problem solver
• Must have valid driver's license and be comfortable driving in new cities, Travel: 10-20%
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Comfortable with using MS Office and Salesforce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in this role.
Alumni Engagement Associate
itrek has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Alumni Engagement Associate, a new position created to support the growth of itrek’s alumni programs.
itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience Israel firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers leaders at the world’s top graduate programs to craft an authentic experience for their classmates that reflects the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Since its founding, itrek has experienced rapid growth and continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble startup. We love new ideas and bouncing them off one another. We are a small team in NY (16 people) and a smaller team in Israel (3 people).
About the Network and Position
In 2018, we created the itrek Network, which is the alumni network of itrek leaders and participants who have been on an itrek and to whom we offer post-trek content about Israel and invitations to Israel-related social/educational events. The Network offers opportunities and resources to those who wish to stay engaged and learn more about Israel, both in person and on-line, as well as opportunities to reunite with their peers. The Associate will be responsible for coordinating all current Network offerings and the development of pilot programs. As an integral member of a small team, the Associate will strategize projects, create programs, and analyze scalability. The ideal candidate is self-driven, flexible, results-oriented, comfortable with change and ambiguity, and likes testing new ideas.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include:
Work with itrek Network Manager and COO to develop new programming and offerings for alumni
Work with the itrek team to develop and execute alumni programming at itrek’s annual conference
Oversee several large email campaigns to all new alumni and invitations to events and programs to relevant alumni
Help build and manage systems to monitor data to generate meaningful reports on engagement
Develop data analyses to inform future programming decisions
Assist in prep for meetings with Organizational Stakeholders
Candidate Profile and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong creative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys creating and implementing new systems
- Comfort with learning new technologies
- Passion for and commitment to itrek’s mission
- Flexible and collaborative spirit
- Sense of humor a must
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit start-up
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
- If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for applying!